Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Real Techniques / Samantha Chapman brushes

I've been a HUGE fan of the Pixiwoo sisters, Samantha and Nicola Chapman, for a long time. For those of you who don't know who they are I can tell you that they are amazing brittish makeup artists and their YT videos are appreciated by people all over the world.

Imagine how I felt when I heard that Sam was lauching her own brushes...! It took me a while to order them though because I had to prioritize my purchases a bit. But I finally got around to it a few weeks ago.

I've heard mixed reviews on the brushes, but let me just say that the ones I ordered are A M A Z I N G! I'm a sworn MAC fanatic and that includes their high quality brushes as well, so Sam and Real Techniques had a lot to live up to. And boy am I impressed!


Left to right: Shading brush, Stippling brush and Core Collection.






Stippling brush.

I love the Stippling brush just as much as I thought I would. Brilliant for sheer and flawless foundation coverage, and I also use it for liquid higlighter.


Shading brush.

Simple, clean and efficient. Your basic brush that does the job really well. It picks up a lot of product which is great.


Buffing brush.

Sooo lovely! I love it maybe even more than the stippling brush. It gives the same kind of perfectly flawless skin when used with foundation, but the difference is that the buffing brush gives you a bit more coverage than the stippling brush. 


Contour brush.

The best way to describe this brush: Perfect! The size is just right and so is the shape. I use it for blush, highlighter, powder and bronzer. I just wish you could buy this brush separately, because I would buy many more!


Pointed foundation brush.

I don't use this for foundation. I really don't get the small brush thing when it comes to foundation, but hey - everyone is different. But this brush is really great for concealing larger areas.


 Detailer brush.

Really great as a lip brush! Since I got this I don't use my Louise Young lip brush anymore because I prefer this one.

The Core Collection case.

3 comments:

  1. I love the stippling brush and the buffing brush. Really want the contour one

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wonder where u bought these, and if they are avalable in sweden?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I bought them at Love Makeup: http://www.love-makeup.co.uk/real-techniques-m-64.html.

    They are not avalible in Sweden yet. I've tried to become a retailer for them in Sweden, but since they don't have a distributor here right now it's not possible at the moment. But I won't stop trying! I'll get them eventually!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing what you think so please make a comment! I always read them, often reply, and always answer questions!